This comprehensive guide covers almost every citation source type you can imagine. Sections in this guide cover your basics such as “How to cite a book in APA format” all the way to “How to cite Videos in APA Format.” Check this guide for all the details on everything related to APA Citation Styles.
This comprehensive guide covers all citation source types found in The MLA Handbook. The guide includes basic citation templates and examples. Check this guide for all the information you’ll need to cite in MLA Style.
This comprehensive guide covers all citation source types found in The Chicago Manual of Style. The guide includes basic citation templates and formatting, as well as instructions on creating in-text citations. Check this guide for all the information you’ll need to cite in Chicago Style.
The guides on our site were developed to mirror the following editions of the style manuals:
APA Style:Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th edition
MLA Style: MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers, 7th edition <br/ >
Chicago Style: The Chicago Manual of Style, 16th edition
An overview of what an annotated bibliography is and how to create one.
Check out our blog articles for tips and information on writing, citing, and school life.
How to Cite . . .
- How to Cite a Food Label
- How to Cite an Image Found on Google Images
- How to Cite a Movie on Netflix
- How to Cite a PDF
- How to Cite Statistics
- How to Cite a Song From iTunes
- How to Cite a Valentine’s Day Poem
- How to Cite a YouTube Video
- 10 Honest New Year’s Resolutions
- How to Write a Summer Vacation Essay That is Actually Good
- Starting College: 6 Tips to Having the Best Freshman Year Ever!
- 5 Pet Instagram Feeds to Make Your Day Better
- 7 Student Freebies You Should Be Using
- What is Labor Day: Why You Should Care
- What is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day: Why You Should Care
- How to Find the Motivation to Study
- 8 Instagram Accounts Every College Student Should Follow
- How to Ask for Help in College the Right Way
- Survive (and Thrive) in Group Work
- Top 5 Tips for a Successful Study Session
- 7 Science-Backed Tips for Smarter Studying
- 6 Good Reasons to Switch Majors
- 4 Ways to Tell if Your Professor Is Talking About Something Important
- Nailed It! Cover Letter Tips for Recent Grads
Citing & Plagiarism
- What is a Citation?
- Why Do I Have to Cite?
- How to Avoid Plagiarism
- What’s a Parenthetical Citation vs. a Footnote?
- What’s New in the Chicago Manual of Style, 17th Edition?
Writing & Research
- 5 Simple Ways to Expand Your Vocabulary
- Read This Before Tackling Your Next Writing Assignment
- Quantitative vs Qualitative Research
- The Gray Areas of Plagiarism
- Using Boolean Operators for Better Search Results
- What is Common Knowledge?
- What is Pre-Search and Why Should I Care?
- Why You Shouldn’t Use a Paper Writing Service
- The Right Time to Visit Your College Writing Center
- 5 Essay Mistakes You Can Totally Avoid
Get the Most Out Of Citation Machine